Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Where did that week go?

Time seems to have flown by but there has been lots of work in progress here at Sustaining Stitches. I always seem to have a few projects on the go and this week has been no exception. I've been planning new curtains for one of the children for a while and have been saving up old denim to make the curtains from. We saw a very inspiring picture of curtains made out of denim in an old copy of Inside Out, an Australian interiors magazine. The child in question got very excited at the thought of being able to stow various treasures in the pockets. Last weekend I finally sprung into action - cutting 10 inch squares and sewing them up into strips like a patchwork quilt.

The activity was really helped along by the discovery of 7 pairs of jeans for a mere $2.50 at our local Op (thrift) shop! So exciting - and so sustainable. So I have the first of three curtains complete - its as large as our king size bed and weights a ton! Hope the curtain rails will be able to support it... Of course the other issue with the curtains is what I may find hidden in the pockets by the time he's a teenager.... Oh well I can always sew up the pockets in a few years time I guess!

But wait - there's more... I've also finished the binding on my Japanese quilt and also knitted a pair of fingerless gloves. Photos to come in the next exciting installment...

So how does this make me feel??

No comments: