I now have four panels for the front. I was particularly pleased with the striped silk kimono fabric that I found for the sashing. it wasn't in my favourite $5 bin at Asia Gallery but was worth splashing out for.
Then I moved onto the back. More kimono fabrics and all from the thin strips rather than the full width.
I like the softness of the colours on the back compared to the front.
I'm planning to quilt it in the four panels and then join them with vertical sashing. I've never used the "quilt as you go" technique before but thought that it was perfect for this quilt as it is rather large. This weekend it will be pinning up the quilt panels. Hopefully I'll even get some stitches into it.
Of course, this will undoubtedly take me some more time....