I decided that this was the weekend that I would finally stop all the good intentions, stop the thinking and actually get started on the applique quilt.
And I am pleased to say that I have succeeded - it appears that I can actually do machine applique, even if I have have spent months convincing myself that it would be beyond me.
Clearly this is one of my real obstacles to creating - over thinking things instead of just getting on and doing it.
So while I was at it I also got cracking and put together my first ever bundle of dyeing - its sitting in the pot cooling down as I type. Eucalyptus leaves gathered from Karori Cemetery and rolled onto some kimono silk that I have had patiently waiting for just this purpose.
Can't wait to get it unwrapped tomorrow and see what has happened now that I have finally got through the thinking stage and onto the doing.